Tuesday 23 March 2010

nBlog & Me - Tue 23/3

Well, I can't say I didn't try. Over on the My Apple Newton blog (http://myapplenewton.blogspot.com/2010/03/nblog-update_14.html) there was an update that suggested that nBlog's Refresh Blog List function would work for brand new accounts on Blogger. So, I had a minor brainwave - create a new account, add that account as an author to the four blogs I update, refresh the list, and off we trot.

Sadly, it didn't work out that way. I created and added the account ok, changed the nBlog prefs and... nothing. No difference at all. So back to the old idea of reading the nBlog source code and either using SBM Utilities or writing some NewtonScript to create the soup entries.

At least the exercise got me the blog ids I'll need to create the soup entries.

In other Newt news, the 32Mb Compact Flash experiment is still going well. Write speeds are OK, reliability has been fine so it's all good so far!

1 comment:

Genghis7777 said...

Hi Tony

Just tried it again and it still works.

* Refreshing the bloglist worked.
* Uploading a blog entry worked. See http://techjournal7777.blogspot.com/2010/07/nblog-still-works-test-entry-9710.html. I added an old screenshot afterward for decorative reasons.
* Changed to an alternative account with a couple of blogs. Refreshing the bloglists on that account worked too.
* Tried the same on the Genghis7777 account and that still drew a blank bloglist.

I hope this helps